Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Journal

Kevin Holloway Journal #2

  • I choose this journal to post on here because it is one of my favorites and I feel like I am actually free writing. I did not really have anything to write about but I wrote anyway. The reason it is my favorite is because I wrote nonstop for ten minutes.

This is just an exercise for ten minutes I am writing for fun. When I free write, which I do not do often I tend to write sloppy and forget what I was going to put down. I believe it is because I think too fast or write too slow. My brain is processing thoughts at like one hundred miles per hour while my hand is writing at one and a half miles per hour. It is all good though. I am trying to write legibly if that is correct. One thing my mother always made clear to me in grade school was that I must write neat. Ultimately, she would be getting at the idea that my teacher could not give a grade on some work that resembles chicken scratch. Well, since I forgot to mention I am on the bus. It is even more of a challenge to maintain good penmanship. The bus is just moving and as I am in my seat I am being thrown around like a toy by the bus. Uneven ground we are treading upon. I believe my thought process is uneven ground sometimes. I truly feel I am a smart person but being smart can get you so far in life. I hit a ball of cognitive thought. I wonder, how our bodies as humans have a natural awareness. It is a trip if you think about it. Right now I am unaware of how long I have been writing. I gotta check the time now. I started writing this at six fifty pm. Keep writing. I think it is beautiful how choice is available to us as creative creatures. Instead of writing the numbers 6:50 I spelled them out. Well it is seven '05. I wanted to keep this free write going until 7:10 pm. The bus just attempted a wide turn and succeeded. I hope I did not miss my t.v show. Something just crossed my mind as I almost erased what I had already written. Dang, it is amazing how it just slipped my mind as I was checking my phone. A mystery, well not that much of a mystery. A lot like how and why the bus is bouncing and throwing passengers around like toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment